The Mind Gym
There seem to be two different types of people in this world. On the one hand there are those who just seem to have ingenuity, creativity and presence and then there is everyone else. My inquisitive self saw the book "Mind Gym" in one of the Public Libraries and glance on the attractive cover & recommendation in Management Today was sufficient enough to persuade my otherwise skeptical soul to get this book issued right away.
The book starts with a Self Test that assesses the reader and based on the score one is supposed to read certain chapters of the book first. The book illustrates the working of mind, human psyche and offer numerous tips to increase one's concentration & memory levels. Now, this isn't like other self-help books that offer pearls of wisom of the effervescent human life, instead it is designed so that you can dip in and out and focus on the current challenge that is on your mind. By being fully present in the situation at hand and devoting 100 percent of energy in it - once can indeed do wonders - thats what the book claims.
The book is packed with techniques that can help one to:
- Achieve more by slowing down
- Make tiny investments that deliver massive returns
- Say 'no' and be loved for it
- Persuade other people to want to do your work for you
- Ensure you get time with people who haven't got time for you
Finally, some of my favorite lines from the book that I wish to share as a "Food for Thought":
* Being satisfied with our time is largely a matter of choice.
* Does your work time drag and your play time fly by? Think it over !
* Use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few.
* You can cherry pick only when your goal isn't volume
* Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.
See you with a special book review in our next blog post. Till then good bye & well here a new site for you to visit - Google Image Ripper